Electric snowbike MoonBikes / Motonews / BikePost
The idea of a snow bike is not new, but few people have tried to make an electric concept. MoonBikes is a new brand founded by Nicholas Muron. In the past, he worked as an engineer in the space industry, and now he has enough time and imagination to implement his ideas.
MoonBike is based on a welded steel frame. A track is installed at the rear, and a ski is installed at the front, which is attached to a telescopic fork (reminiscent of a mountain bike fork). Additionally, a damper is installed to stabilize control, and at the rear there are typical shock absorbers.
- electric motor 3 kW
- torque 170 Nm
- maximum speed 40 km / h
- maximum snow height 305 mm
- minimum operating temperature -25 degrees Celsius
- Lithium-ion batteries 2.5 kWh or 3.2 kWh (plus optional 1.2 kWh unit)
- power reserve from 1.5 to 3 hours depending on the configuration
- the price starts at $ 7980 ($ +1 800 for additional batteries + $ 360 for a fast charger)
MoonBikes have already received 250 pre-orders. The first cars are planned to be released in the winter of 2021/2022.